Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas From Chicago!




















Parade photo from 1951!

Every year, from the time we were little babies, the day after Thanksgiving, my 2 younger sisters, my mom, my grandmother and my aunt and I used to bundle up and take the Southshore train into Chicago to go to Marshall Field's downtown store. We would tell Santa what we wanted for Christmas and then have a special lunch in the Walnut Room. My favorite was baked corned beef hash, the best in the whole world!

It was and will always be a magical time!

We miss you Marshall Fields!

2 comments:

Jennifer R.D. said...

Mimi, I love this photo AND I am jealous that you have a totally cool Christmas playlist. I just added one holiday song to mine!
Holiday hugs,
Jen

theresa martin said...

Beautiful photo Mimi. I'm wishing you a very Merry Christmas!